Media Familiarization Trips
We welcome visits by media on assignment and are glad to provide assistance to make your job easier. To help us provide you with the best possible service, we ask that you follow the subsequent steps:
- Please contact the Communications team as early as possible to schedule a visit. We’ll need to know the purpose of your visit, your media affiliation, when and how long you plan on visiting and what assistance you’ll need from us.
- You may be asked to submit a letter of assignment on company letterhead from your editor, publisher, news director or producer that includes a date when your piece is expected to run. We also ask that you send your story once it has been published.
Complimentary Lift Tickets and Lodging
Complimentary lift tickets will be issued only to those directly responsible for producing a story. Due to the large volume of visiting media, we cannot offer complimentary tickets to your spouses, significant others, children or friends.
- Due to the large volume of visits by media on assignment, we cannot offer complimentary lift tickets to media on vacation. We do, however, offer a limited number of half-price lift tickets to vacationing media as a professional courtesy. Please arrange for half-price lift tickets before you leave on vacation.
- Depending on availability, we may be able to provide complimentary or discounted lodging for a limited time for visiting media who are on assignment. To request complimentary or discounted lodging, please contact us at least three weeks in advance of arrival.
- All requests are subject to availability and executive approval. Verification of employment with a media outlet may be required, as well.
We will do our best to accommodate your dates of travel, but there may be times when our resorts are already booked. We cannot guarantee the availability of complimentary skiing, lodging or other services during holidays, peak periods or other special events. Please give us at least three weeks' notice if you plan to visit during one of these times.
Contact the Vail Resorts Hospitality / RockResorts Communications Team >